Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Irish fiddling! Part II

So a couple of you recommended the movie "The Departed" to me (a movie about Irish-American cops? Me? Who'da thunk?), and I saw it on Sunday because the Academy is gracious like that.... and thusly I have lilbunny and deedoubleyew to thank for my newfound crush on Leonardo DiCaprio (although come to think of it, he does look like a more emotive, rough-hewn, younger brother of preternaturally-soap-operatically handsome Eric Dane), and my resurrected crush on Southie(-esque) accents in general (see also: David of Real World Seattle; CT of Real World Paris).

LD1

THIS IS WHY I'M HOT THIS IS WHY THIS IS WHY THIS IS WHY I'M HOT


I SHALL CALL YOU MARKY MARK NO MORE. MAYBE.

I shan't go into further detail lest I "spoil" the movie for you. You can see it pretty soon since it releases on DVD on February 13 (awww, what a perfect Valentine's day gift! right, lilbunny?)... a fact that my mom told me as soon as I came home on Sunday. Ha ha. But I will say that Jack Nicholson and Alec Baldwin were pretty great too, y'know, for old dudes. And watch for Jack's favorite print motif in the movie, it's pretty funny.


I also have a major crush on this song which is AWESOME. Sorry, I meant WICKED AWESOME. Of course. It is even awesomer in the movie, I think, though I have a feeling this group would not make for a disappointing live show, so that might be the awesomest of all.

[Photos from rottentomatoes.com and I have turned into a PhotoShop addict. Help!]

4 comments:

ponyboy said...

I was enjoying the fiddling until the singer start barking words out! I have to listen to it a few times, I think, to appreciate it properly...:) But your review does make me want to see the movie, though I suspect it shall be a renter.

zuppe said...

You know all my music has to involve some amount of barking! *slinks off to listen to "Who Let the Dogs Out?"*

lilbunny and espressoboy said...

hey -- check out this week's NYT magazine (online) for a clip of Leo talking about the first movies he ever watched. If this is "the real" Leo, it would appear that in real life he's much more like his Growing Pains character than his The Departed character. Which is cool with me -- I was a big fan from the start.

zuppe said...

SQUEEE! 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks'. Hee, I loved Leo on 'Growing Pains'! I may have to see if re-runs are playing somewhere :P

Brad Pitt looks a little high or something! Helen Mirren is awesome. Penelope Cruz looks so pretty - her eyes look amazing. Is Jake Paltrow's film is reading a little... "student work", in Tim Gunn terms? He likes to focus for a few moments on some people's crotches, which is distracting. Or maybe it's the hands, and people are placing their hands by their crotches?