Friday, August 31, 2007

The ADD Book Club

This is a list of books I've started but not finished*, in no particular order:

The Great Indian Novel by Shashi Tharoor

Word Freak by Stefan Fatsis

On Beauty by Zadie Smith

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

The Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde

Color by Victoria Finlay

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke

... and I think I read one page of A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth. It's almost 1500 pages long - I think I have a used copy somewhere.

ETA: The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas

Do you do this, for whatever reason? Do you start books, put them down, and inexplicably not pick them up again? They're not bad, they're not boring -- but somehow, you give them the brush-off? Then you might want to join my club.




*The ones I can remember. This does not include the many quarters and thirds of books I've read in waiting rooms or friends/relatives' houses; or the ones I've been required to read in school but skipped. I wish I could remember all those, but I never write them down.

2 comments:

jblogs said...

my entire library is populated by my add book club books. :-)

ponyboy said...

i actually really liked "a suitable boy" :-p

the one book that i did not finish...oh wait, i actually did find it boring though i feel guilty saying that was "God of Small Things."