Monday, June 12, 2006

teeny-bopper frills

time and again, i find myself enjoying a good ol' romp down teeny-bopper lane... the kind where girl meets boy, girl falls in love with boy, conflict arises, only to be overcome within the 1.5 hour time limit and girl lives happily ever after. oh, and a "many cute outfits" montage never hurts. i bring your attention to my most recent guilty pleasures, and please note, this was not my first, nor last time viewing any of these: what a girl wants (i have a thing for amanda bynes, and colin firth is yummy), chasing liberty (i have a thing for mandy moore, and matthew goode is yummy), and gilmore girls (s1) (when luke was great and rory wasn't dating dumbass). btw, j, totally jealous of your "acquaintance" with keiko!

.... so what's your guilty teeny-bopper pleasure of the moment?

4 comments:

ponyboy said...

that's so funny--i just happened to catch "chasing liberty" on TV this weekend. if the boy in question has a cute british accent, it makes everything so much better ;)

zuppe said...

Ha, girl, when am I *not* with a few teenybopper frills of my own? How many years do I have to make up for my lack of teenybopperness during the teen years?

But I'll give you two recent ones which are giving me icky pedophilic guilt:
(right-click to choose 'open in new window' for the llinks...stupid blogger....)
1. Some of you may have been privy to my recent Degrassi: The Next Generation fixation. I used to be fascinated by Degrassi Junior High, a WGBH show about a scandalous middle school in Canada. Well it's back, but on Nogin/The N (some offshoot of Nickelodeon). The crushworthy boy is Craig Manning, philandering yet usually kind-hearted musician. aging cowgirl, no doubt, you recognize my penchant for brunettes with fidelity issues.

2. I don't really watch this show, except for him. He's better looking on TV.

OK, so actually all the shows on The N are my guilty pleasure lately. Teen soaps will never get old for me! Swans Crossing 4EVAH!

jblogs said...

ooooh...lilbunny...I accept your envy. it makes me warm inside. she's actually married to a man in the houseband of the venue that i have frequented in the past as a host and performer (see my new post).

i feel so hollywood by association.

zuppe said...

I am in love with "hollywood by association" moments. They make me giddy, for some reason. I love Keiko, I just saw her cheerleading routine episode of GG, and dang she's good. She was also in this really random Mo'nique movie and she wears the cornrows very well.