Thursday, June 01, 2006

welcome to bauble tawk....

I'll be your host, Zuppe Richman.

Last summer it was all about the huuuuge[ackman] gumball-sized-bead necklaces in all colors. This year, that style seems to be as popular, but now a lot of the beads are the crochet-covered kind. OK, not really sure where that started, but it can be sort of cute. I am loving this fabric covered bead necklace

which will probably be sold out. Speaking of, Target is lousy with fun jewelry this year.

This year seems to be all about links. My potentially fugably adorable accessory that I covet intensely right now is a long chain made of lucite or resin curb links and metal. It's a little 80s, almost a little nautical[punk?], but very fun. I don't really have the rest of the wardrobe to carry these off right now, but I don't really care:
one two three four five

I also really want something like this but I have issues with Urban Outfitters and its spawn, Anthropologie. I mean, I totally own stuff from them. But it makes me feel, how you say, a little filthy somehow. And again, the perennial problem of finding cool jewelry findings rears its hellishly DIYgauche head.

OK, that's all for bauble tawk right now. I wish I had a good tawk amongst yourselves topic, but I'm struggling here.

5 comments:

jblogs said...

yeah. i agree. but women at my workplace are still rocking the huge black kukui bead necklaces...we can't espcape the pacific rim around here parts.

of the links you put up i definitely like number five the best. i also like the direction of doing some asymmetrical chains...especially with the finer ones and with smaller beading detail.

i've discovered basic wardrobe pieces can work with any accessory trend that comes my way. it's all about the california cotton jersey separates in solid colors baby. cotton jersey.

zuppe said...

Yay, I think I'm going to get #5 along with some other similarly styled lucite chains from this Ebay store 'chainsncords'... located in HK! they have a translucent rainbow style which is totally appealing to my Rainbow-Brite-gone-mod alter ego. and a tortoiseshell one which appeals to my richbitch-gone-haywire personality.

I'm bummed that #4 is out of stock! I must devise some way of creating a similar thing. I'm sure Aging Cowgirl will have some tawk to share with us upon her imminent return.

aging cowgirl said...

too bad about #4-- I am also coveting an asymmetrical dramatic necklace. I like the idea of chunky lucite links but am not quite sure how to wear them. A chunky necklace with a gymboree-ready multicolored outfit may be over the top. zuppe, take the lead on this, as they say in the gilmore girls theme song, "wherever you go, I'll follow".

jblogs said...

speaking of the gilmore girls...can i just say that i consider keiko agena (the "korean" character) an.... *drum roll* acquaintance!!! hahaha.

lilbunny and espressoboy said...

Zuppe, I saw the Huuuuge Ackman in X3 this past weekend. Much fun and swoonage. I saw it with my lil' bro who is actually the one responsible for the phrase: Huge Ackman. Tip of the hat to Lilbrother of Lilbunny.